Welcome to the Stitch Directory!
The aim of the Stitch Directory is to support and promote independent craft stores; highlight their existence and ultimately help them to attract new and returning business. Discover how to recommend, ‘favourite’, find and review businesses, and how to add your own business for FREE!
We provide high quality, natural yarns from well-known British commercial brands, as well as yarns from small independent producers. These include award winning hand-dyers, and exclusive yarns from local rare-breed flocks.
New for 2020-2021, we have opened a Homewares and Haberdashery room, where you can find more artisan goods from local makers including: silver stitch markers; hand-thrown ceramic yarn-bowls; exclusive macrame hangings and kits; ceramic buttons and more. We will also be launching our own range of natural fibre cushion pads in 2021.
We have also expanded our range to include tools and materials for other fibre arts including: macrame, weaving, tapestry, punch needle, and needle felting.
Alongside all of this you can find the usual suspects of a yarn store: needles, hooks, notions, gadgets, patterns and books and so much more!
Although the pandemic has put pay to some of our services, when life returns to normal we will continue to offer:
- private tuition with our in-house experts
- group classes and workshops
- masterclasses with internationally renowned tutors and designers including Karie Westermann, Anna Nikipirowicz, and Renee Callahan
- hosting of visiting stitch groups - we have a comfortable sitting room with log burner, sofas, and a large table that seats 12 that you can use as a base for the day from which to explore Faversham and enjoy some quiet stitching time in beautiful surroundings
- weekly knit and stitch nights
- four-week courses on learning to knit, crochet and more.
We also offer Air b'n'b above our shop - imagine waking up above a yarn shop to vaulted ceilings and taking your morning coffee in the window seat, watching as the market wakes up! Book privately or join one of our retreats!