This course will give you a great introduction to the various methods of using free machine embroidery onto water soluble fabric and creating free standing pieces of embroidery. You will need a basic sewing machine which is capable of darning stitch (meaning that you need to be able to drop or cover your feed-dogs – the little teeth under the needle which moves the fabric under the needle) and has a darning or free machine foot.
You will cover;
- A little simple design work (or alternatively use the designs we have used in the video)
- Transferring your design to dissolvable fabric
- Basics of working with dissolvable fabrics
- Basics of machine embroidery
- Machine made lace
- Moulded, free standing shapes using pva and wire
- Make your own fabrics from machine thread.
We will also show you how to evolve your design work into a bowl using the techniques you have learnt.
We estimate the whole course will take 25-35 hours for you to complete