This course will give you a great introduction to the various methods of using your machine as a creative tool. You do not need a state of the art machine, but you will need a darning or embroidery foot and the ability to drop or cover your feed-dogs ( the teeth underneath your needle which pass the fabric through the machine), which the vast majority of modern sewing machines will already have as standard.
You will cover;
- A little simple design work (or alternatively use the designs we have used in the video)
- Transferring your designs to fabric and threads
- Basic Machine Embroidery Techniques
- Learning to draw and write with your machine
- Compiling your own machine made motifs.
- Embroidery across a void
- Free motion quilting
- Layered and slashed technique
We will also show you how to evolve your design work into a panel to either frame or make into a picture using the techniques you have learnt.
We estimate the whole course will take 25-35 hours for you to complete